Tennessee Payday Loans Online
If you are having difficulty paying unexpected fees such as bills on due, medical expenses, or a car repair, getting a payday loan is a good option. Payday loans online are short-term credits that you can repay when you receive your next paycheck.
Is Getting a Payday Loan Online Legal in Tennessee?
Payday loans are legal in Tennessee, but the lender and borrower should follow these strict restrictions:
- The lending company should have a valid license from the Department of Financial Institutions.
- In Tennessee, debtors can sue their creditors if they do not comply with state law.
- You can only apply for a payday loan that will not exceed $500.
- The charges from the lending company should not exceed 15% of the amount borrowed.
- Your payday loan online agreement shouldn’t exceed 31 days upon loan approval.
- You will need one day cooling off after getting two consecutive loans.
- In 2020, CFPB ruled that lenders are not required to check the debtor’s ability to repay the payday loan.
Important Things to Know in Applying for a Payday Loan Online in Tennessee
There might be a lot of questions on your mind right now about payday loans online. To understand how a payday loan works online, here are some essential things you should be aware of:
- Application Process – You can apply through direct lenders online in Tennessee. The whole process of getting a payday online usually takes 1 – 2 days.
- Bad Credit and Bankruptcy – In general, applicants with bad credit can apply for a payday loan. On the other hand, payday loans will not require collateral. However, having a history of bankruptcy might get your application denied.
- Inability to Pay – If you cannot repay your debt, it can increase interest and harm your credit score. If you are unsure, look for alternatives such as borrowing money from your friends and family or applying for a loan that you can pay in installment.
Criteria in Applying for a Payday Loan Online in Tennessee
Applying for a payday loan online in Tennessee is easy and quick. But like any other loan program, there is no guarantee to get approved. To avoid that, here are the criteria you need to pass to get accepted for a payday loan online.
- Must be over 18 years old and live in Tennessee
- Must be employed for at least a year with a stable income.
- Must be able to provide valid IDs, proof of residency, employment, and revenue.
- Must have a working contact number and email address.
- Must have a bank account with no recent history of bankruptcy.
One of the great benefits of applying for a payday loan online is that you can borrow money anytime and anywhere. Make it a habit of being responsible for lending to avoid having a bigger debt you can no longer afford.