Same-Day Payday Loans | Emergency Loans Online
Payday loans are similar to paycheck advances in that they allow you to borrow against your next paycheck. Same-day payday loans give you the needed cash as fast as the same day or the next business day if you apply after cut-off times. Cut-off times vary by lender but are usually before noon on business days—possibly in the lender’s time zone. You don’t need any collateral for these unsecured loans, and even people with little to no credit can qualify.
Applying for a same-day payday loan online only takes minutes. You’ll schedule an electronic withdrawal from a money account, usually your bank account, to pay back the loan. Repayment periods are typically 14 days and can coincide with your next pay period. The money is due in a single lump payment.
Payday loans have some of the highest APRs of any type of loan, but its average APR of 400% only equates to a $60 fee on a $400 two-week loan. Depending on how urgent your cash needs are, this could be a small price to pay. APR and borrowing caps vary by state. Some states like California only allow you to borrow up to $300, while others like Maine have a $2,000 payday loan limit.
Reasons To Get a Same-Day Payday Loan
According to GOBankingRates’ latest survey, nearly 70% of Americans have less than $1,000 in savings, with almost half of them having no money at all. Cost of living increases, low wages, college debt, and other financial obligations can make it challenging to put cash aside for a rainy day. Those with limited access to funds may find same-day payday loans are a solution to pay for pressing expenses like:
- An ER visit for a sick child
- Loss of job income
- Emergency home repairs
- Overdrawn accounts
- Surprise car repairs
- Last-minute travel
- Insurance deductibles
- Sudden moves due to changing life circumstances
What Are the Requirements for Same-Day Cash Loans?
Unlike bank loans or other personal loans, you don’t need much to get a same-day cash loan online. Basic requirements include:
- Age: At least 18 years old
- Income: Proof of stable income
- SSN: Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- ID: Valid ID number from state- or government-issued identification
- Money account: Active checking or savings account
- Email: Active email address
Individual lenders may request additional documents or details or run a credit check.
How to Get Same-Day Payday Loans
Getting your cash is a straightforward, three-step process:
1. Apply online
Start by providing a few essential pieces of personal information. Payday Depot does all the work of matching you with credible payday loan lenders. All you have to do is choose which lender to work with by filling out their online application. Many only take minutes to complete, and there’s no cost to apply.
2. Get Approved
Online lenders usually give instant decisions. If you’re approved, you’ll be asked to e-sign a contract to get your loan.
3. Get Your Money
Same-day payday loans are generally deposited by the end of the business day. If your submission missed the cut-off, the funds are deposited the next business day.
Features and Benefits of Same-Day Payday Loans Online
Online same-day payday loans come with advantages like:
- Cash today: Apply in the morning and some payday loan lenders will have the money in your account by the evening.
- Less hassle: Apply from the comfort of your home.
- Quick process: The payday loan process takes as little as 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Minimal requirements: Only a few key pieces of information are needed to process your loan.
- Often no credit checks: Even those with bad credit can get same-day payday loans with some lenders.
Can I Save Money by Paying off a Payday Loan Faster?
You pay a set fee to borrow a payday loan. Even if you pay off the loan before it matures, you’ll still have to pay the fee in full.
However, if you change your mind and decide you no longer need the loan, some lenders offer a one- to three-day satisfaction guarantees where you can cancel the loan and return just the principal. You’ll most likely need to call or email the company’s customer service or mail a post-marked letter within the specified time frame. Once the company receives your notice, they’ll withdraw only the principal from your account.
No matter how you contact your payday loan lender, be sure to document proof of all your communications. This helps if you run into problems and need to file a complaint through the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.
What If I Can’t Pay My Same-Day Payday Loan by Its Due Date?
Because there isn’t much time to repay a payday loan, only one out of five people can pay it back when it’s due. Payday loan contracts are legally binding, so it’s crucial to understand nonpayment actions your lender can pursue. Bank withdrawals, reports to credit bureaus, and collection calls are possibilities, but it’s illegal to threaten you with jail time. Lenders who do should immediately be reported to your state attorney general’s office.
Certain states allow you to roll over your same-day payday loan for another 14 days by paying the interest, although the number of times this is allowed also varies by state. See your state’s payday loan laws for an idea of what’s available in your area.
Other alternatives to avoid payday loan default include:
- Taking advantage of extended payment plans (EPP). Lenders who are members of the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA) must offer no-cost EPPs to customers where state regulations permit.
- Paying off the payday loan with a credit card. Balance transfer cards often have 0% interest during the promotional period.
- Taking a personal loan for a larger amount to get ahead with your financial situation. Personal loans have lower interest rates with lengthier repayment terms.
- Consolidating your debt to roll payday loans and other debts into a single monthly payment spread over several months.
Get Cash Today With Same-Day Payday Loans Online
Whether you were blindsided by a car breakdown, medical expense, or other situation, online same-day payday loans are one of the fastest ways to obtain cash for expenses that can’t wait. Apply early enough in the day, and the money can be in your account by 5:00 p.m.
That said, these types of loans are often seen as a short-term solution for one-time or unexpected events because of their high fees. They’re easy to obtain and can see you through a difficult financial period, but an emergency savings fund may be a better option for regular quick cash access. Having a financial cushion keeps you out of the debt cycle and helps you reach your financial goals faster.